National Tree Company
National Tree Company, Christmas time and decorating the Christmas tree is a favorite part of the holidays of many people. Many family traditions involve going to a nursery or Christmas tree shop to pick out the perfect tree. A real tree can add the beauty all of the season or event to your home and fill it with a pleasant scent of pine.
Unfortunately, real Christmas trees can also be a fire hazard. There are more than 400 home fires involving Christmas trees each year, according to the National Safety Council, and tragically, nearly 40 are killed and 100 injured as a result of those fires. To help protect your family this holiday season, below is a list of important Christmas tree safety tips.
Buy Best National Tree Company 2021
- Select a fresh tree by looking for one that is green.
- The needles of pine and spruce trees should bend, not break and be difficult to pull from the branches.
- For the pine species, the needles should snap when bent, just like a fresh carrot.
- Also look for sticky sap on the trunk of the tree.
- Cut about two inches off the trunk of the tree and place the tree in a sturdy, water-retaining stand.
- Always keep the tree stand filled with water so that the tree does not dry out too quickly.
- Make sure the tree is at least one or two meter away from fire or heat sources, such as fireplaces and radiators National Tree Company.
- Try to place the tree near an outlet so cords don’t travel long distances.
- Do not place the tree where it will block doorways or foot traffic.
- If you decide to use an artificial tree, buy one that has been tested and rated as fire-resistant.
- Make sure the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) label is on an artificial tree with built-in electrical systems.
Tree lights: National Tree Company
- Only use indoor lighting with the UL label.
- Check all lights for broken or cracked all sides outlets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections.
Replace damaged light sets.
- Do not use more than three light sets on one extension cord. Also, be sure to place the extension cord next to a wall to avoid tripping hazards.
- Do not put extension cords under carpets.
- Always turn off the lights and decorations on your Christmas tree when you leave the house or go to bed.
- Never use electric lights on a metal tree.
Tree Ornaments: National Tree Company
- Do not place fragile or small tree ornaments with detachable parts on the lower branches of the tree where small children and pets can reach them.
- Never place lighted candles on a tree or near flammable materials or decorations.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on all Christmas tree decorations.
- Use the appropriate step stool or ladder to reach the top of the tree while decorating National Tree Company.