Christmas Ribbon Tips for buying the perfect pair
Ribbons are stylish, beautiful and can be used in a variety of ways. They come in all shapes and sizes and are very colorful. They can turn any dull and boring packaging into an interesting one. Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, Christmas or any other occasion, use the ribbon to brighten up your gift.
The right ribbon can beautify the gift item in the perfect way. Whatever ribbon you should buy, it is important that you buy the best lot. With so many different types on the market, it is important that you consider certain factors before purchasing one. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
What are the different types of ribbon and their advantages and disadvantages? : While most of us don’t pay attention to the variety of ribbons until and unless we buy them, let me tell you they come in different designs. Contrary to popular belief, there are more than 2 types of ribbons. In general, the variety is with regard to the material used to make them. Some materials are very durable while others have interesting designs, while the lifespan can be short. Keep in mind what you are looking for and shortlist the different collections.
Think of the ribbon planes: by this we mean the side on which the designs are made. Generally there are 2 variants – one with a design on one side and the other with designs on both sides. With velvet ribbon, the base is smooth while the front contains velvet. In the case of silk and satin ribbons like Chevron ribbon, there are designs on both sides. Both sides look identical, so you can use any side you want. While tying the ribbon, you don’t have to worry as both sides have the same design. Single design ribbons are cheaper compared to double-sided printed elastic ribbons. So be wise in your choice. Decide what you are looking for before making the final choice.
Choose the correct ribbon sizes: Depending on the purpose for which you buy the ribbon, you need to determine the size. While the small ribbons are great as part of a wedding invitation or small gift, the larger ribbons can be suitable for occasions and festivities. For example: Christmas ribbon looks good when bought in plus sizes. If you hang a large ribbon over the Christmas tree, they will look more attractive than a smaller size.
Buy in bulk: When buying a ribbon, buy in bulk. Not only will you save money, you won’t have to rush from one place to another to get a similar set in case the purchased ones are used and none are left.
The tips above are sure to help you buy the perfect pair of ribbons.
How to Make Ribbon Rose Buds for Christmas
There are no hard and fast rules for decorating a Christmas tree, but thematic decorations have always been quite popular. One of the popular themes is the Victorian style, which uses antique ornaments and floral decorations. Handmade rose flowers and buds are the most popular choices. You can use the rose buds individually or together in the form of a piece of jewelry. It is a simple craft, in which both children and adults can participate. The following tutorial will guide you systematically on how to draw a ribbon rosebud for Christmas.
Steps to make Christmas ribbon rosebuds:
• Supplies: Gather all your supplies in one place beforehand so you don’t have to rush to the store at the last minute. Raw material needed for the rose buds is readily available and inexpensive. You will need:
- A 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inch wide French wire edging ribbon, about 1/2 to 2 feet long. The dimensions depend on the size of the desired button. Color is also purely a matter of choice. Some suggested picks may be pink, velvet red, yellow, orange, or shaded ribbon.
- A pair of scissors
- A flower stem wire of about 15 cm long
- Simple thin wire
- Green colored floral tape
- Thinly sharpened pliers or hair picker
• Styles: Depending on how you want to use the button on your Christmas tree, you may want a stem or something else. If you can secure some flower stem wires, this is the easiest way. Alternatively, you can take a simple wire of the desired length and wrap it lengthwise with green floral tape.
• Basic structure: Take the ribbon and start pulling the thread at one edge so that it begins to gather in one place. Pull out almost a third of the thread, but make sure the fabric doesn’t come out the other corner. Adjust the collected cloth evenly. Now the other edge of the ribbon is starting to look wavy. If you want a stem in your bud, use one of the variations described in the previous steps. Otherwise, use a pen or pencil. Start wrapping the pulled-out edge of the ribbon near the end of the pencil or string. Wrap it as tightly as possible to give the appearance of a button. Keep adjusting the shape with the pliers as you wrap.
• Tuning: Twist the loose thread hanging from the rim to hold the base of the knob in place. If you used a pen or pencil, remove it carefully before attaching the base. Take some green tape and stick over the end to cover the wire and make for thalamus. You are done!
Great use for old Christmas ribbons
Many people throw away their Christmas decorations immediately after taking them down in January. It’s true that you can’t keep paper decorations intact for another year, but there are some Christmas decorations that you can keep and reuse for other occasions. For example, you can use the ribbons to make other accessories. The following are just a few examples of uses one can find for old Christmas ribbons.
Ribbons can make perfect festive centerpieces for any event. If you enjoy decorating your home for any occasion, you can save old ribbons to make beautiful ornaments for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthdays and other events. People usually use red and white ribbons to decorate their homes at Christmas, which means they are also ideal for Valentine’s Day. Even if your decorations are not in perfect condition, you can still put them to good use. For example, old curling ribbons of different colors can be placed in a glass jar, which would be an interesting table decoration. You can also fill balloons with used bows and hang them up at birthday parties. It creates a beautiful effect.
Many people use their old Christmas ribbons to line gift boxes. It is easy to understand why people are fascinated by bows and ribbons. They come in many textures, colors and sizes, so you can get creative with them and create beautiful accessories and other cute decorations that will add that little bit extra to your gift wrapping. Curling ribbons can also be used to give a bouquet of flowers a festive charm. In fact, you can also tie up your climbing flowers and plants with these pretty accessories.
Confetti and crafts
If you have colorful used ribbons and other Christmas decorations at your disposal, why not turn them all into confetti? They make beautiful confetti for birthdays and New Years Day. Instead of wasting money on New Year’s decorations and accessories, you can reuse everything you bought over Christmas. In fact, it’s actually very easy to make confetti. You just need to cut everything into half inch pieces and put them in a large bowl. Another great use you can find for old Christmas decorations is crafting. If you have some crafting skills, you will make beautiful things with the bows used. An ingenious idea would be to make price tags or paper beads. There was even a trend at one point to use wedding ribbons and decorate handmade dolls as beautiful memories of a special day.
All in all, you can always make use of the old things around you to create beautiful handmade decorations. This is an ingenious way to save money and make someone a pleasant surprise with your own hands. If you are not confident in your crafting skills, you can find plenty of tutorials on the internet that explain step by step how to make ribbon decorations and accessories. You can also get inspiration online by looking at what other plans are to do with their old decorations.
5 things you need to know about animal ribbons and printed ribbons
People love to dress up. Whether it’s a party or just another event you need to attend, there’s nothing quite like going to a place and having your eyes turned on you. However, branded clothes and designer bags cannot always help you. There are also other things you should do.
Wearing animal ribbons and painted ribbons
Have you thought about wearing one of these to a party? People who were zealous for fashion were always looking for new ways to grab the attention of the viewers. They always try to present themselves in a different way than others. This demand has led to a number of decorative materials on the market. Often these are used today as decorations that you wear to parties – and no, it’s not just for women.
From nails to shoes and for every party, people are jumping on board for the hot safari trend of animal print. Here are a few interesting things about them.
OCCASION: Depending on the occasion, there is a wide variety of these available in the market. To specify we have printed Christmas ribbons with Christmas tree on them. For children’s parties, wild animals printed ribbons such as pig, cheetah, butterfly are used which create a fun image.
THINGS: Anything you name can be decorated. And it’s based on the kind of thing you use, the ribbon printed varies. A leopard ribbon tied to girls’ hair gives a majestic look. A butterfly ribbon is used to decorate a purse. A teddy ribbon is specially used for children’s items. Paw print ribbons are used to tie pets and the list is endless.
PUBLICITY: It’s interesting to see that the animal-printed ribbons are also used in publicity. A zebra ribbon is being used to raise awareness about carcinoids and neuroendocrine tumors. A zebra crossing is most commonly used because it has a bold look due to the alternating black and white strips on it.
MARKETING: Doing business can be done in all possible ways. Taking advantage of the demand for animal print ribbons, thousands of products have entered the market today. Printed ribbons of various material designs are available. However, you should choose one that suits your taste and needs. Don’t go in for an animal ribbon you see there.
NATURE INSPIRED: It’s not wrong to say that the animal-printed ribbons got their true inspiration from the beauty of animals. You can do a lot more and look amazingly natural when you wear them.
How to make a ribbon sheet for Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and several decorating ideas are circulating. The antique Victorian-style ornamental decorations are the flavor of the season. This includes roses and buds as standalone pieces or together. No flower, natural or made, looks complete without its leaves. Since the foils are made of wire belts, the leaves are made of the same material. They are one of the simple crafts, but a little more complex as they require a little bit of sewing. Therefore, it is recommended that the adult children or adults handle this part.
Steps for Making Simple, Yet Beautiful Christmas Ribbon Leaves:
- 1 to 1-1/2 inch wide green ribbon nearly 6 to 9 inches long
- Sewing needle or machine
- Green thread – try to match the color with that of the ribbon
In the case of ribbon, you can opt for a wired style or the one without wire. The wired option is better for keeping the shape of the piece, while the other is a little easier to make. Likewise, sewing single stitches with thread and needle is better than using a machine.
- Step 1. Take the piece of wire ribbon (6-9 inches long) and pull the wire completely out of one edge. Be careful not to pucker the fabric. With a ribbon without thread, this step is omitted.
- Step 2. Fold the strip in half.
- Step 3. Turn one corner down so that it touches the other edge of the ribbon. The overlapping portion looks like a small triangle. Now pin this in place. Use the wire-free section for this.
- Step 4. Repeat step 3 on the other side.
The final structure will be a trapezoid that should resemble a bowl or boat with a flat bottom.
• Sewing: Sew continuously around the perimeter and as close to the edges as possible. These stitches form the midrib of the leaf.
- Step 1. The stitches should follow the shape along the side where the folding is done.
- Step 2. Remove the two pins.
- Step 1. Start pulling on the loose end of the thread on one end and at the same time gather the fabric to the other end. The end, where the wire is pulled, looks slightly rounded compared to the other. Shaping the blade will be easier with the wired ribbon variant.
- Step 2. Open the sheet along the unstitched side and press it flat.
Thanks for reading about Best Christmas Ribbon 2021